Getting dressed for the office can be one of the most annoying experiences ever. It can be difficult trying to find an outfit that looks professional but doesn’t make you look like your 4th grade teacher, an outfit that’s stylish but doesn’t look like you just left the club. You all know what I’m talking about, unless your 4th grade teacher was a man- that could confuse things. Moving on… throw in some 90+ degree weather and those pants suits and blazers no longer do the trick. Florida summers are brutal but that doesn’t mean we all can’t have great style while we’re at work, even if we’re
sweating glistening underneath it all.
Get some inspiration below.
- Don’t wear clothing that will clinch, jersey dresses/skirts will show everything, including sweat marks.
- Sheer, breathable options are your best bet during the summer months.
- Wear (bring) layers, Florida establishments are known for cranking the air conditioners. A light jacket or blazer will sometimes come in handy.
- A great way to make a statement at work is to wear bright colors or the black and white trend.
- Find work-appropriate skirts and dresses and wear them with a light blazer or jacket while in the office. If you go out after work, just remove your jacket and you’re good to go.
I hope this helps. Have a fashionable summer!
Tara Wikoff | CW44 Tampa Bay